Wednesday, January 7, 2009

First Week in Madrid






I arrived in Madrid 3 days ago, but do not have internet at my apartamento until the 8th. After only being here for 3 days, I have already fallen in love with this gorgeous city. It is incredible to be able to look at a sculpture in el Parque Retiro (2 blocks from where I live) or a building in Sol and know that it is older than my home country. My apartamento is a 15 min walk through the park to the CEA Global Campus and the Parque Retiro is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever seen. I am living with a guy named Oliver from Miami, and a couple named Kyle and Shannon that are here together from Minnesota. I have my own room that is approximately 7ft by 12 feet (big for Madrid standards) and our apartamento has a kitchen, 1 bathroom, and a living room. See the pics below. I will be posting again tomorrow with an update on my explorations today, and am looking forward to hearing from all my family and friends. I miss and love you all.

4 comments:

  1. Riley,
    Nice to get a visual on your space and to hear such an enthusiastic first impression. I look forward to more pictures and info, and of course a great guided tour of the highlights when we arrive in a few months. We miss you already!
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley, We are so excited for this new, wonderful adventure of yours! Good to hear you're off to a great start. Keep us updated with all the details (well...maybe not ALL the details...) Enjoy every minute and know that we are thinking of you here in Sac town....Love, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buenos dias Senor Riley,
    Glad to hear you made it safe and sound and that all is going so well. I'm happy for you being able to explore and travel before settling into the next phase in life, you know the 8-5 job, marriage, kids, dog, mortgage!!
    Wish Matt and Nikki had traveled abroad before they graduated. Looking forward to keeping track of your adventures.
    Hasta la luego,
    Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Riley! I love this blog thingy! Ha! Great way to communicate and see what is going on half way around the world.. Great pictures! I am glad to know you are safe and sound and enjoying your newest challenge..... Have you seen any beautiful churches there? I'm sure there are lots of them! And man, that's a lot of Spanish in one day! You should be fluent in NO time! We are looking forward to keeping up with your adventures! Take care! Love ya, Jeanie

    ReplyDelete